Stroke Warning Signs
According to the
American Stroke Association, every 45 seconds someone in America has a stroke. Every three minutes
someone dies from one. When it comes to treatment, time is of the essence.
The longer you wait, the more damage is done to the brain.
Warning signs of stroke include:
- Sudden numbness or weakness in the face, arm or leg, especially on one
side of the body
- Sudden confusion, trouble speaking or understanding
- Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes
- Sudden trouble walking, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination
- Sudden, severe headache with no known cause.
If you or someone you know has any of these symptoms, call 911 immediately.